Hellshammers Gaming Community

HELLSHAMMERS is a multigaming community made by gamers for gamers. We are mainly Battlefield players. but we are always looking for good games to rent servers for, we also accept other genre of games. The community and HellsHammers FORUMS is a place where people and all our members can interact and have discussions about anything related to our community and servers.
Sign In

Are you ready to join us?

Being part of HELLSHAMMERS is being part of a group of people who enjoy gaming. We play for fun and have a high appreciation for our servers. We try to communicate with the world of gaming and to get to know people. We offer High quality game time, private servers , you can even have your own personnel TS channel with your friends.
Join Us!
Beverly

What game are you addicted to now?

Since New Years, I am kind of addicted to The Long Dark - a 'realistic' wilderness survival game.  It's very frustrating at times, as the simplest things (like tiredness and hunger) can kill a person.  I've never heard of a person dying of being too tired after just one day.  And it's perpetually cold in the Canadian wilderness.  Who knew this kind of cold existed? :/

I can't figure out how to shoot, so mostly I just fish (which is tough in a snow storm, but lucky there are so many fishing huts equipped with stoves).  Everything you do in the game has a calorie consequence.  Break wood down for firewood?  300 calories.  Sleep?  900 calories.  Though you can restore your warmth by sleeping, which is a good thing if you are low on firewood. More often than not, I get killed by a wolf.  

There is a really easy mode where you can play with very little calorie loss and almost nothing kills you.  Yes i have died there too, but only because I kept exploring and refused to let my character sleep.  

By the way, if you ever play this game, try to spawn in the 'office' at Mystery Lake, so many free resources nearby around the perimeter of the lake, you have unlimited food to fish.  Just watch out for the wolves that prowl the frozen lake.  And a cool train wreck just up around the hill behind the cabin -  follow the railroad track - it dead ends in two supply caches. 

Don't hoard food as it spoils very fast.  Don't eat raw fish or drink water that has not been boiled, that will kill you very fast.  Store your food in metal filing cabinet or container and don't wear your coat indoors (unless freezing) as that will cause it to wear out very fast and then you will have nothing to wear in the snow.  Stay inside during a snow storm  - well yeah that's common sense.  And, don't sleep outdoors!  You will die fast.  Those are a few things I have learned. :) 

I am not sure i will ever master that game, there are two harder survival modes to play on.  Lots of really cool free stuff in game to help you stay alive until you learn to hunt, trap, fish or scavenged.  Some people claim to have survived 300 or more days on The Long Dark, but I've only survived 11 so far. 

Supposedly there is a story mode coming this spring, but not really sure I care or not, I like the game this way.  

About a week ago, I had to force myself to quit playing so that I could get sleep.  This game was cutting into sleep time and making me feel very tired all the time.  Today, I started back and feel the call of the wilderness growing stronger every second that I am away from it. 

Possibly others are having a less intense experience with that game.

Anyway, I think it's addiction (similar to coffee) and having a hard time giving it up. 

2 minutes ago, Mattozaa said:

What game I am addicted to now?

-

League of Legends

What game have I been addicted to for the past 3 years?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Surprise surprise, League of Legends

fag. its lame game

ArmA <3

recently lots of rust

On 1/14/2016 at 1:01 AM, heavyman said:

Darkest Dungeon is pretty addictic game. Its like when you think youre going to make alive from the dungeon , its gonna hit you in the face and spank your asses :pst:

*carefully clicks like button* :P

Is this on Steam? If so, I will check it out. 

On 1/14/2016 at 3:38 AM, Helvetios said:

Definitly Rainbow Six: Siege. It's a really nice tactical shooter with a lot of adrenalin during the gameplay

At the moment, not as much into shooter games, but I am open for a new experience if it's really this good :)

On 1/14/2016 at 7:12 AM, Fanti1112 said:

Actually i'm forced to be addicted to the game "Real Life"... Graphics are nice, but the story sucks..

A good storyline on any game is usually essential.   The game I mentioned has zero story line atm, surprisingly good game

On 1/14/2016 at 8:08 AM, N1colasCage said:

Rainbow Six Siege. 

And soon it will be Dark Souls 3 megusta

You wont hear anything from me for a couple of days when this comes out herpderp

Yeah, that's about the way I am when i get a new game.  Except for work/family stuff, I go afk on friends :/

On 1/14/2016 at 8:10 AM, Hawk said:

bc2

but i wanna finnish witcher3

some time

hopefully

:(

I keep saying I'm going to check out Witcher series but i have not yet.  :(

On 1/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, Mattozaa said:

What game I am addicted to now?

-

League of Legends

What game have I been addicted to for the past 3 years?

-

Surprise surprise, League of Legends

I lost so many of my clan mates to League of Legends.  :/

8 hours ago, Beverly said:

*carefully clicks like button* :P

Is this on Steam? If so, I will check it out. 

Yes its in steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/?l=finnish

Yesterday i finally won the first boss in game. But there is like so many to go. Its Early acces but i think they r going to launch it in (few months.)

Actually today 19. January :troll:

BFBC2, League of Legends, CS:GO. These are my drugs, but im smart hype, and im takeing in big amounts only one of those, last time its CS ;) i think next will be LoL after im gonna have 30th lvl and possibility of playing ranked games. And then after some time of melancholy im gonna be back in playing BC2 :P

On 1/18/2016 at 5:13 PM, heavyman said:

Yes its in steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262060/?l=finnish

Yesterday i finally won the first boss in game. But there is like so many to go. Its Early acces but i think they r going to launch it in (few months.)

Actually today 19. January :troll:

I'm really tempted to buy this game.  The artwork is amazing.  And, I love survival games and especially dungeoneering.  The affliction system seems interesting - though not really new.  I like the concept.  Some pretty scorching bad reviews - but mostly based on people not liking how hard this game is. That's not a real problem for me.  Hardcore/survival (die and lose it all) mode is very appealing. 

Congratulations on winning boss fight.  Please let me know how your game goes from here. :)

On 1/19/2016 at 6:59 AM, ReveN said:

BFBC2, League of Legends, CS:GO. These are my drugs, but im smart hype, and im takeing in big amounts only one of those, last time its CS ;) i think next will be LoL after im gonna have 30th lvl and possibility of playing ranked games. And then after some time of melancholy im gonna be back in playing BC2 :P

Last time I played LoL was a couple years back and it lagged for me terribly.  I just realized that I can probably play LoL on my new computer without lag.  I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing.  If so addictive, possibly a bad thing. :P 

4 hours ago, Beverly said:

I'm really tempted to buy this game.  The artwork is amazing.  And, I love survival games and especially dungeoneering.  The affliction system seems interesting - though not really new.  I like the concept.  Some pretty scorching bad reviews - but mostly based on people not liking how hard this game is. That's not a real problem for me.  Hardcore/survival (die and lose it all) mode is very appealing. 

Congratulations on winning boss fight.  Please let me know how your game goes from here. :)

Yeah, game is pretty hard at the beginning, but when you got things rolling its OK. When i started playing this game i didn't know all game mechanics so i started New game. And you can find some guides which items can be used curios. Or just watch some streams.

Now i have won 3 boss fights :)

On 1/25/2016 at 1:09 PM, heavyman said:

Yeah, game is pretty hard at the beginning, but when you got things rolling its OK. When i started playing this game i didn't know all game mechanics so i started New game. And you can find some guides which items can be used curios. Or just watch some streams.

Now i have won 3 boss fights :)

That is very good news. :)

Also, I like the Steam community as they publish some really good guides for specific games and always provide great tips on game play.  And many times, the actual game maker is there to comment/fix issues with the games - for independent games. 

On 1/26/2016 at 7:26 AM, Jebu said:

At the moment: Diablo 3 because there has started a new season. But also still playing Heroes of the Storm and if both gets boring => BC2 or Rainbow 6

One day, I will buy/try these games you have mentioned. :)