Beverly

Gaming is hard on the eyes

I like to take my laptop and play games in my room and for now I don't have a light there.  I think I should stop gaming in the dark as it's really wearing on my eyes and they get fuzzy.    It's just very stressful on my eyes to play that way but it's the only quiet place in the house I can be alone.  

I don't play games as much now for that reason. 

I know the solution is to get a lamp, I'll do that later.  Anyway, gaming was never that easy on my eyes back when I played many hours a day.  

You need to start taking this situation seriously.  If you are gaming in the dark, you're putting a lot of stress on your eyes.  Also, you should see your eye doctor about the situation as it might not just be related to lack of light.  Maybe you have an infection in the eyes that is causing distress.  Glaucoma is another possibility as that can cause blurry vision.  Diabetes can lead to vision problems too.

When you are looking at the screen for too long you might not be blinking.  And, it's important to blink to keep your eyes hydrated.  If you don't blink, your eyes will be dry and ache after awhile.  So you should shut your eyes periodically.  Also, keep some artificial tears drops or Visine near your computer keyboard so you can rehydrate your eyes as needed.  That might help with your eye issues. 

I stopped gaming in the dark.  Now when I want to play a game, I wait  until daylight when there is plenty of natural light in my room or go to a room where there is a lamp.  And, my eyes have really been feeling better.  It was just so crazy, I was getting fuzzy eyed.  I could not read those tiny aspirin bottle labels.  Think it's better now, my eyes don't ache so bad.  And, no migraines related to eye strain.  This whole thing was really bothering me.  Without my eyes, I don't know what I would do.  That's another thing, I'm doing lots more in my real life now, like with family.  Less time on the computer.  Can't say that I'm missing a lot online.  An occasional game is not that bad, but my life is not online.