Sign in to follow this  
Dartania

How often should I reboot or shut my computer down?

Even when I go to sleep, my computer is always on.  I just don't like shutting my computer down as it takes so long for me to get all my games back up and everything open that I want to look at.  But, I know that's not good for the computer and can cause some type of damage.  

Is there a absolute maximum time that I can have my computer up, before I have to reboot or shut it down to rest?  

On one of my older computers, I never shut it off for like weeks at a time.  And, the graphics card randomly burned out fast.  Could have just been a bad card, not related to computer over heating.  Who knows if there is even a connection.  I just know that my current computer runs faster without any lag if I will simply shut it down for a reboot on occasion.  Another thing that was slowing me down was stupid Windows updating every few days and downloading software and updates that I might or might not need.  I would not mind the updates on computer if it was going on at 2 am or whenever I'm not using the computer.  But not in the middle of my game.