Sign in to follow this  
Beverly

What was your first computer?

Did we already cover this topic? :P

I don't remember so here goes again.

My first real internet ready computer was a 1998 emachines computer, bought in 2004.  It used AOL dialup.  aww yeah! The high pitched shriek of going online.  :P

Ok! Never mind, no one remembers that but me.

There was no way to stream movies or download anything, no games.  Just basic internet browsing.  

So weird to think that was 11 years ago.  

its been only 7-8 years i use computers haha and my first one was dell optiplex 780 xD it wasn't that bad and i wasn't even playing games on it until one day i saw a game named far cry 2 which i became so addicted to it, still my fav game and i still play it. then i saw bf3 which made me to build my own gaming rig it was too late to play because bf4 came out after 3-4 months of playing bf3 and now i only play bf4 and facr cry 2, nothing else 

lel my 1st PC? or gaming console?  i lived it babe , ak-47 with mobile attached to it back in 1998 , and i was so proud carrying dat badass , until my dad pwned me and got me a PC with windows 98 , i think 256mb of ram , and intel pentium 1 with badass GPU i think it was 3mb whatever , i was playing 2D tarzan game on it :D

damn those times , war outside and fun inside home .. good times 

got my first pc when i was 6 years old. Got windows 98 and a 40GB HDD and 512mb? ram^^, but i could play road rash on it!

It helps to start on the computer very early, there are so many benefits, especially for education.  

When I got a newer computer, I gave my my Windows 98 computer to my daughter who was then three years old.  She started playing very simple games like Elmo's undersea adventure and Reader rabbit.  

A few years later, she really got into Minecraft and computer gaming.  She's very literate at using a computer now, just as much as any adult.