Sign in to follow this  
Beverly

The best or weirdest food you love.

One of my favorite foods is 'sloppy joes'.  Not to be mistaken for that junk in a can, Manwich.  That stuff is disgusting tomato soup excuse.  I would never use that on my food. :(

The real sloppy joes are awesomey tomato flavored beef with spices. Very rich and tangy tasting.  Nothing like the stuff in the can.  If you ever tried manwich and hate it, go for the homemade variety because it's so much better.

I grew up with this stuff and love making this for my family now.  You can dress it up anyway you want, but I like mine with cooked and raw slices of onion, hot peppers, salsa/sour cream and American cheese on top. 

Maybe to others this might be a weird food, but I love it.  :)

So yeah, what are the best or weirdest foods you love?

NY0109_Spensers-Sloppy-Joes.jpg

I got a lot of favourite food but one of the best for me is this:

bavarian food: Weißwurst with beer and a Brezel!

sh_Wei%C3%9Fwurst_450.jpg.2433122.jpg

+

also bavarian

Leberkäse with potato salad and a motherfucking Brezel!!!

leberkaese_bavaria_traditional_pretzel_0

mmm... 'tato salad! :D

Today, I was complaining that our local grocery store doesn't have a deli and so I can't buy potato salad there.  And, just now I remembered, I can just as easily make this at home.  >.<

tSNRo.gif

Southern food!  I grew up with this stuff.  Pretty much everything was deep fried! 

I can't eat that way anymore... the heartburn... but I have some good memories of it.  :)

LOL I have been watching this forum for a long time and ager is total conversation killer :D :D :D :D 

What comes the best food I love...... 

http://images32.inewsgr.com/1339/13392931/1.jpg

Seriously, I have some kind of sick fetish for Hot Wings, the hotter the better. I make my own wings from either Habanero or Naga Joloki-chili, and that is one chili which burns your guts to pieces. But actually if you look for it, the hotter and spicier the food is, the more satisfaction you get from it. It is proven that when you eat chilies or strong spices, your body thinks its under attack by bacteria or some kind of disease, and it starts to produce endorphins, which make you feel happy and relieved. 

Wings is my drug, thug life

LOL I have been watching this forum for a long time and ager is total conversation killer :D :D :D :D

What comes the best food I love...... 

http://images32.inewsgr.com/1339/13392931/1.jpg

Seriously, I have some kind of sick fetish for Hot Wings, the hotter the better. I make my own wings from either Habanero or Naga Joloki-chili, and that is one chili which burns your guts to pieces. But actually if you look for it, the hotter and spicier the food is, the more satisfaction you get from it. It is proven that when you eat chilies or strong spices, your body thinks its under attack by bacteria or some kind of disease, and it starts to produce endorphins, which make you feel happy and relieved. 

Wings is my drug, thug life

I love spicy foods and hot peppers! :D

However it burns me up, so yeah. :/

I drink milk and that usually fixes me though.

What you said about the endorphins is really cool and I did not know that.  :)

Beverly :)

There is actual rehab centers in Mexico for chili addicts, because they have destroyed their stomach but cant actually stop eating hot chilies.

I myself wondered why I still keep eating these when there were tears in my eyes and I couldnt feel my lips or even my hands after touching this chilies... The reason was found, chilies are addictive as some drugs also

Beverly :)

There is actual rehab centers in Mexico for chili addicts, because they have destroyed their stomach but cant actually stop eating hot chilies.

I myself wondered why I still keep eating these when there were tears in my eyes and I couldnt feel my lips or even my hands after touching this chilies... The reason was found, chilies are addictive as some drugs also

Well, now I want some.  :)

Oh!   One time, I took a bite out of this tiny bell pepper looking veggie in the fridge.  Everything was fine for like two minutes and it was pretty tasty.  And then yeah the burning started and, then I knew what it was.   So, apparently it was jalapeno and it burned my face and lips.  And, it felt like someone had maced me.  Which I guess technically I  maced myself. 

btw, water makes the burn worse.  You have to put milk on your lips and skin to make it stop burning. 

Well, now I want some.  :)

Oh!   One time, I took a bite out of this tiny bell pepper looking veggie in the fridge.  Everything was fine for like two minutes and it was pretty tasty.  And then yeah the burning started and, then I knew what it was.   So, apparently it was jalapeno and it burned my face and lips.  And, it felt like someone had maced me.  Which I guess technically I  maced myself. 

btw, water makes the burn worse.  You have to put milk on your lips and skin to make it stop burning. 

Oh dear, you are so wrong what should be done when you eat chilies :D

Jalapeno is one of the mildest chilies actually almost like sweet pepper, maybe you talk about habanero? It looks like small bell pepper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

Here is  the scale of today for the "heat" of the chilies. I make few drops of Naga Morich into my wings every now and then. After the burning gets unbelievable, I eat white bread with lots of butter on it. It calms down the burn, and ofc cold milk with lots of greace in it helps alot.

Oh dear, you are so wrong what should be done when you eat chilies :D

Jalapeno is one of the mildest chilies actually almost like sweet pepper, maybe you talk about habanero? It looks like small bell pepper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoville_scale

Here is  the scale of today for the "heat" of the chilies. I make few drops of Naga Morich into my wings every now and then. After the burning gets unbelievable, I eat white bread with lots of butter on it. It calms down the burn, and ofc cold milk with lots of greace in it helps alot.

Very possibly.  It hurt really bad! :(

I will try the white bread idea.  Usually I have bread in the house more often than milk anyway.  :)

Today I am converting my wife to eat those hottest chilies. Gonna buy some wings, bbq-sauce and naga morich, also going to make blue cheese and texas pete- dips.

1,8kg wings coming up!

Oh actually there is another "food" I love really. Blue cheese. Seriously I could throw that to anything

Today I am converting my wife to eat those hottest chilies. Gonna buy some wings, bbq-sauce and naga morich, also going to make blue cheese and texas pete- dips.

1,8kg wings coming up!

Oh actually there is another "food" I love really. Blue cheese. Seriously I could throw that to anything

I'm not so much into blue cheese.  I tried blue cheese dressing once and it was amazing for the first few minutes then super tart tasting and I could not stand it anymore.  Now I love feta cheese.  No one else I know likes feta but to me, it tastes amazing.  :)

Feta in every salad and pizza <3 I've also made chicken filet filled with feta, works perfectly!

Cheese is my weakness :D

oh!  Excellent!  I was worried my cheese obsession made me a freak. :P

No one else in my family really likes cheese as much as i do. 

There's a local pizza place that lets you get double cheese and then three cheese blend and then a variety of exotic cheeses as toppings.  Once I had seven types of cheese on one pizza.  And, each slice was SO heavy!  Insane cheese overload.  :D