Sign in to follow this  
Beverly

Getting a weird creeped out feeling

This past day or so, I've had to re-login to all my usual sites that usually already have me logged in-even for the forum.  I know that if you clear your cookies, passwords, etc, it will automatically log you out of sites.  I don't remember doing that.  So it's like someone else has been on my computer logging me out of stuff.  To be fair, there are two other people that use my computer but neither go to my sites, nor would have reason to.  I get this creeped out feeling like maybe spyware or something.  I would hope not.  Just feels weird. :/

I am getting logged out from battlelog but its normal, each minor update and shit does it...

but since my steam account got hijacked and there were 2 or 3 retries after that I become really carefull (check spelling of site you enter, if there is httpS there and so on) but still, there is no way to protect yourself unless you are good at this shit

I never used auto login at any site/client. I don't trust these things. I got no cache at my browser and enabled deleting my history automatic when i close the browser.

1. harder to "read" your password(expect keylogger)

2. I always know my 15passwords i use every day (minimum 15 letters long + numbers/signs)

3. more space left on my pc because of no cache and that stuff.

+ good to use -> adblockplus + noscript.

I never used auto login at any site/client. I don't trust these things. I got no cache at my browser and enabled deleting my history automatic when i close the browser.

1. harder to "read" your password(expect keylogger)

2. I always know my 15passwords i use every day (minimum 15 letters long + numbers/signs)

3. more space left on my pc because of no cache and that stuff.

+ good to use -> adblockplus + noscript.

I like your cautious style.  But I know me and I would be more likely to forget all those passwords.  :(

it happens to me too

its a good idea to install a spaware software to check i suggest you to use https://www.malwarebytes.org/its free and the best one out there 

cookies also depends on the website not just your pc 

I tried using Comodo anti virus software and it flagged my Open Office software as virus or PUP and even now that I have uninstalled it, I can't run any files on OpenOffice.  The OpenOffice software won't load anymore, so I have to load the files via Google Drive or Wordpad.

So yeah, Malwarebytes.  I have that installed now. 

I am afraid is false logic gerelliot... its easier to get keylogger on board than being magically hacked in any other way, risk of "remember me" theft is rather irrational

So I know this is only slightly related to that point, but once when I moved from Florida to Georgia, I had to store one of my old computers in a storage unit.  And, I guess someone broke into the unit and stole my computer.  And, they used the computer and ended up logging into my Gmail.  I still don't know which emails they looked at or what accounts were accessed.  I'm only guessing my browser was still logged in?  Or, maybe had that 'remember me' option ticked.  I would prefer it if accounts log out after a certain number of minutes, like bank accounts do.  Why can't email accounts be that way?  Annoying yes, but at least safer in case of stolen computer. 

I am afraid is false logic gerelliot... its easier to get keylogger on board than being magically hacked in any other way, risk of "remember me" theft is rather irrational

just my opinion ^^ and when i  think it helps its good for me, but thats another story i will never tell. Like the fact that I am never in my room during a virus check.

leaving your computer somewhere or having it repaired -> clearing everyfucking thing before :>, history, cookies up to your hard drive

Yes, I learned my lesson well.  :/

I'm very lucky that I didn't get my bank account hacked then.  I was freaked out about it though.

Back in the day, I would just junk my old computers (throw away, give away, whatever).  Most times, the computer would not boot for me, so I just figured that it was inoperable.  Now that I know you can simply put the hard drive into another computer, it just weirds me out.  What if someone had taken my old computer drive and hacked me that way?  Thankfully, that did not happen.  I keep my hard drives now even when I junk the rest of the computer.

ager is right, you cant protect your self unless you're good at this xD

i have never ever used any antivirus or any protect softwares and srsly long password or complicated passwords are useless my passwords are always 1234567899 xD or just 123455 tell darius 

now days almost all social and mail accounts have two-step verification security, even if someone knows your password they just cant open your account 

Only if you have a mobile right?  Which everyone has, except for me.  Yes I live in the stone age.  :/

What? I dropped mine in hot chocolate by accident.  I'm not buying another one.  :(

just smash them with a hammer when you sell your pc/parts of it ;).

Sell where? On eBay?  Ok I can do that. 

ager is right, you cant protect your self unless you're good at this xD

i have never ever used any antivirus or any protect softwares and srsly long password or complicated passwords are useless my passwords are always 1234567899 xD or just 123455 tell darius 

That reminds me, once I used a (anti virus type software called Threatfire) that used predictive analysis or something to anticipate 'threats' and it flagged a Windows OS system file as being threatening, a dll file and deleted it.  And, then when I rebooted no more Windows.  :/

That computer was brand new pretty much and just wiped out over some stupid program.  I had a backup OS disk and used that but the computer never really ran too good.  Insane lag.  Though we are talking about Windows Vista, power hog :/

everybody got their own opinion^^. When you use the passwords every day a 15-20 letters long password with numbers and other stuff isn't so hard to remember^^

I have lost more Facebook accounts that way.  :(

Though I realize it's safer to have a longer password

no it doesnt matter you can set another trusted phone number or an email address 

ok thanks! I didn't know this :)